Criteria for Applications to Qualify as a Valid Request:
Applications under the FOI Acts should be addressed to:
Ms. Tina Knox,
Freedom of Information Officer,
Limerick County Council,
Telephone: 061 49 63 79
Fax: 061 49 60 03
You are entitled to apply for access to information not otherwise publicly available. The FOI Acts provide that every person has the following three new legal rights:
- The application must be in writing (request sent by Fax or Email to the number/address indicated above is acceptable). Application forms are also available.
- The application should indicate that the information is sought under the Freedom of Information Act.
- You must provide sufficient information to identify adequately the information sought.
- You must enclose the appropriate fee (see fees)
- You have a right to the following records held by or under the control of Limerick County Council unless such records are exempted under the Acts:
- All records created after commencement of the 1997 Act i.e. 21st October, 1998.
- Such records created before that date as may be required to understand records created after commencement of the 1997 Act.
- Personal records regardless of when created.
- If you are a staff member, personnel records created from a date 3 years before commencement of the 1997 Act.
- A right to access to reasons for decisions made by Limerick County Council directly affecting yourself.
- A right to seek correction of personal information relating to you, held by Limerick County Council where it is inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading.
If you wish to receive the information in any particular form e.g. photocopy, computer disk etc., you should indicate this in your request.
Please give as much detail as possible to enable us to identify the records to which you require access. If you have difficulty in identifying the precise records which you require, we will be happy to assist you in preparing your request.
We must issue acknowledgement of your request within two weeks (10 working days) of our receiving it.
We must make a decision on your request within four weeks (20 working days) of our receiving it unless the request relates to such number of records that compliance within the specified time is not reasonably possible, in which case a time extension not exceeding a further four weeks (20 working days) may be allowed. You must be notified of the period of the time extension required and the reasons for same.