- To ensure, in as far as practicable, that each household shall have access to a potable water supply monitored in accordance with the provisions of the Drinking Water Regulations.
- To improve the wastewater infrastructure capacity throughout the County having regard to the requirements of the Water Framework Directive.
- To promote the Rural Water Programme through the provision and enhancement of water services infrastructure by private group schemes.
- To develope the provision of water services infrastructure consistent with the need for water soncervation, sustainability and to meet the future demands in the County.
- To implement National and EU legislation including the Water Framework Directive.
- To develope initiatives for small towns and villages in order to accelerate the provision of Water Services infrastructure in these locations.